Graphic Design a Good Career?


 A question I get asked often is if graphic design is still profitable in 2020 even with all the competition.

 

I've been a graphic designer for over eleven years I want to take you through some statistics that actually give you an understanding. 


If graphic design is still profitable I'm also going to tell you why graphic design business is a very unique one and also if you stick around till the end of the Blog you will get a tip from me that changed my business and doubled my income and my clients within a matter of months after I implemented it so stay until the end to be sure to get that tip for yourself the first statistic. 


I want to tell you about is last year the graphic design business generated 15 billion dollars in the US alone just imagine all of the opportunity out there graphic design is a very unique business because what business or company doesn't actually need branding or some form of promotional material you look at any type of company when it doesn't have a quality logo and branding and professional 


Promotional materials you can definitely tell and feel that it's not quite up to professional standards but what business on this planet doesn't need graphic design the next statistic tells us that over the last few years the graphic design business has just gone up 3.5% and it's projected to continue to go up as the years go on there's going to be more businesses more startups more demand for your services another point is that while the rise of social media and the rise of web has come so high over 60% of digital marketers


say that visual assets are so important and actually vital to a company's growth another very interesting statistic that I want to share with you is that when people see a graphic or a visual with some bit of information or an ad it is actually statistically proven that they will remember the information 65% more than.


If they were to have just seen it in a text or without a visual representation so you can use that statistic alone you know to sell your services it is imperative to actually see something that gives people the reality and makes them feel more connected with whatever the information that they're advertising as I mentioned before the graphic design industry is unique in that it can service any area you can service everything from NASA to real-estate agents and 


Now I've come to the tip that I wanted to share with you that actually changed the game of my business as a graphic designer and that is for you to narrow in and find a niche now you may have heard this a million times with other businesses and other fields 


However it also applies to the field of graphic design now I'm gonna tell you why when I was first starting out I put up a portfolio put up my website and just said okay who wants to get some service who wants some graphic design work right and yes that is one way to go about it but 

if you want to actually escalate your statistics and get yourself some more clients and get yourself some more income rapidly obviously. 


You're gonna have to put in the work but it really comes down to finding out one specific field and then going in and becoming a real professional in that area just think about it from this viewpoint. 


If you were a real estate agent and you needed somebody to design emails promotional material tradeshow booths anything in that area a website photography you do retouching maybe on photography you would want someone who understands that field completely and you feel comfortable instead of having to explain. 


What you do so let's say you chose real estate as the niche that you were going to do graphic design for you could then go to the conventions you could be in the forums 


You could go to meetups you could go in Facebook groups you could target your website towards that group towards that niche and then they would have that much more trust in you absolutely you can expand to other fields and there's nothing that says you need to just stick with one niche but 


If you really want to make it and make it faster that is my suggestion to you it was just a matter of months after I chose what I wanted the field I wanted to specialize in that it just the growth started to snowball in that area because their close-knit community as well so one will recommend you to another and another and it just becomes a word-of-mouth which is the best way to grow your business by word of mouth because people trust each other 


So that is my recommendation to you is choose your niche see what works what you like and just hone in on that I'm gonna have more tips on this subject in detail in the future so to answer the question asked  


if graphic design is still profitable in 2020 even with all the competitions. 


The answer is absolutely yes it is thank you so much for sticking around to the end of this Blog. 



2 comments:

If you have any doubts, Please let me know.

Powered by Blogger.